Name – Lizzie
Who do you travel with? – My husband, Miss 2.5 years and Master 7 months
Your favourite airline to travel with so far? and Why? We recently travelled with Swiss Air for a short international flight, they were brilliant. Friendly to the children, excellent kids meals, on time and organised.
What was the destination of your favourite family holiday? Greece
Where are you dreaming of travelling next? Maldives
- We have learnt to embrace the early morning wake-ups. Having the Spanish Steps in Rome to ourselves is probably one of our favourite family travel memories
- Remember that your children are children – they need breaks, time at the hotel and some early nights
- Clear expectations! Talking to children (and husband!) about the day ahead (especially travel days) and helping them to understand what will be expected of them. My daughter hated wearing her seatbelt on the plane so we started telling stories every night about getting on the plane and putting on seat belts – it worked a treat!
- On travel days – take your time. We travel long haul at least once a year and I find not rushing really cuts down on the waiting around time. If your baby is happy on the change table while you change them – take your time, if your child is having a snack, don’t give them a packet of sultanas give them the sultanas one by one. Sounds mind numbing, but I think it helps.
- We love Eyewitness travel guides, my sister put me onto them and I love them. The pictures and walking tours are great.
|Must Take Items||Product Reviews|
Name – Briony
Name – Michelle