Your name – Anna
Who were your travel companions? – Husband and 3 children, 6 year old boy twins and Miss 2
What was the location of your holiday? – Tswalu, South Africa
How did you get there? – International flights to Cape Town, charter flight to Tswalu
What time of year did you travel? – September 2014
Length of stay? – 4 days
What was the weather like? – 24 – 27 degrees during the day, 8 – 12 degrees in the morning.
Accommodation – Tswalu Kalahari
Style (Hotel, Apartment, B&B) – Lodge with individual villas
Room type booked – Family villa – 2 BR villa with living room
Facilities – Everything you need….. 5 star property. Private game drives meaning that we could take our 1 year old and 5 year olds with us or stop and go when we wanted, 24/7 babysitting in case we wanted to go on a drive without the kids.
Game driving flexibility
Children not only welcome but encouraged with activities from tracking lessons, teaching them to be mini-rangers, cookie baking, archery
Anything you want is possible at Tswalu
Small intimate lodge
None – absolutely amazing!
Would you stay there again? In a heartbeat. Once you’ve done a safari, you’re addicted for life.
Could you recommend any restaurants/cafes/bars for eating out with children?
- You can’t leave the lodge. Dining options on the lodge include:
- Constantly changing dining options and venues
- Exquisite gourmet food and wine pairing Tasting Menus
- Exclusive dining in the privacy of your own deck
- Sundowners and traditional South African influenced Dune Dinners with a twist
- Boma Dinners with a modern interpretation, the Tswalu way
- Canapé Evenings under the stars served plated or as a buffet feast
- Picnic Breakfasts and Brunches to enjoy in solitude in the bush
- Dining at your leisure and according to your preference with our “All Day Menu”
Things to do?
Animals, animals and animals
Dinner under the stars
Junior Ranger program