Your name – Lizzie
Who were your travel companions – Husband, Miss nearly 3 and Master 8 months
What was the location of your holiday – Pembrokeshire, South Wales, United Kingdom
How did you get there – 4 hour drive from Anglesey, North Wales
What time of year did you travel – August, 2015
Length of stay – 2 nights
What was the weather like – 4 seasons in 1 day!
Accommodation – Fron Fawr
Style (Hotel, Apartment, B&B) – 4 bedroom house
Room type booked – Glyndwr House
Facilities – EVERYTHING! I have never stayed in a holiday house so well equipped.
- Driving up the gorgeous tree lined road we knew we were going to be in for a very relaxing country break.
- A manager met us at the house, opened the door and told us she would give us some time to get settled and then she would pop back in to go though the house with us.
- We booked the house last minute and the only accommodation available was a 4 bedroom house. We wouldn’t normally need a 4 bedroom’s but the extra space worked for us.
- I have never stayed in such a well set up rental house, the kitchen had everything you could ever need including children’s plates and cutlery, high chairs and a booster seat at the table for Miss nearly 3.
- All the stairs had baby gates on them so the house would be perfect for babies learning to walk.
- Traditionally styled with a gorgeous open fire, the house also had a private garden with a seating area that would be perfect for sunny days.
- The facilities in the grounds of the houses are great, a wonderful big playground for the children including a sand pit and an area full of scooters and push along toys to ride around.
- We were super lucky that our baby monitor reached the adult only outdoor hot tub, so we managed a quick dip under the stars once the children were in bed.
We were lucky to get a very last minute deal for this house, we wouldn’t normally need a 4 bedroom house for the 4 of us but it worked well. I think if you had the house at full capacity the living areas might seem a little small. There was a private outside dining area and a grassy area just for the house so you would just have to hope for some sunny days so you weren’t on top of each other in the house.
Would you stay there again? Yes
Could you recommend any restaurants/cafes/bars for eating out with children?
- The cottage supplies a little tea, coffee, welsh cakes, jams and half a pint of milk to get you started.
- We arrived at the house with a car full of food for our stay, but the managers are very happy to help you organise supermarket shopping to be delivered to the house.
- You can also purchase pre made frozen meals, we didn’t try any of them but they looked yummy on the menu.
- The Nags Head pub is a 10 minute drive from the house. Family friendly pub set on a gorgeous running creek. It even had a children’s play area outside.
Things to do?
I booked Fron Fawr because Clydey Cottages was booked out. Ideally we would have loved to have stayed onsite at Clydey Cottages so we were in close proxcimity to the animals. But, the great thing about booking at From Fawr is you get full access to Clydey Cottages. Seriously family friendly place! Indoor pool, soft play area, an area to ride scooters and lots of farm animals to chat with.
The highlight of our stay was meeting with Farmer Malcolm. 6 mornings a week you can join Farmer Malcolm as he gives the animals breakfast. I could go on and on about Farmer Malcolm. He was incredibly friendly, patient, funny and kind with the children. My Miss nearly 3 still chats about Farmer Malcolm. If you look at reviews online he seems to have quite a following of fans and he can add us to the list. Clydey Cottages are very lucky to have him apart of their team.
We also took a trip to the beach. There are lots of beaches to discover along the coast, we chose LLangrannog.
We visited during school holidays so it had a lovely, busy seaside village feel. We were dressed in jeans and jumpers and the locals were splashing around in the sea! We enjoyed a very yummy ice cream at Caffi Patio on the way home. We didn’t stay for lunch but I had a look at The Beach Hut they were serving yummy fish and chips and they did take away which would make the perfect picnic lunch or dinner on the beach.