Words like luxury, breathtaking views, spectacular ocean front bar and army of nannies have me ready to pack my bags for the private island of Vomo Resort! A paradise of soft sandy beaches and crystal blue waters makes this a perfect family getaway.
Your name – Leah
Who were your travel companions – Husband and Master 5 months
What was the location of your holiday – Vomo Island, Fiji
How did you get there – Plane to Nadi, then boat to Vomo Island (if you want a quicker option, helicopters are also available)
What time of year did you travel – August, 2015
Length of stay – 5 nights
What was the weather like – Hot! – 27-30 degrees daily
Accommodation – Vomo Resort
Style (Hotel, Apartment, B&B) – Villa
Room type booked – Villa on the hill
Facilities – Luxury villa with everything you need! Beautifully designed with a contemporary beach feel
Too many to list, but these are some of my favourite things about Vomo Island
- Our room had breathtaking views of the island
- We had a spacious 1 bedroom room with a big walk in closet and sitting area. They had a curtain you could pull across to separate the bed from the sitting area if you needed. Plenty of room to have a porter cot next to the bed or in the sitting area.
- The Vomo Island staff are so lovely and welcoming! They often entertained and held our baby, while we ate!
- There is a spectacular ocean front bar for happy hour
- Daily complimentary laundry service
- Crystal clear ocean (beautiful water temperature)
- No TVs (which is a refreshing change)
- Lovely army of nannies and well equipped kids club with huge playground
- It’s on the expensive side, but all meals and most activities are included
Would you stay there again? Yes! Would love to book another trip.
Could you recommend any restaurants/cafes/bars for eating out with children?
There is one main restaurant on the island, and it’s amazing! As part of the room rate, all meals and non-alcoholic drinks are provided.
- The food is exceptional – especially for seafood lovers!
- The menu changes each day, with multiple options for each course.
- My baby ate fresh fruit and purees each day, made with love by the staff.
- You can sit on the balcony, by the pool or on the beach for each meal
- There is a great kid’s menu, which changes daily (Kids can have dinner in the Kid’s Club or with parents)
Things to do?
Many of the activities on Vomo Island are included as part of your stay. We took advantage of the following:
- We loved every second of our two hour snorkelling trip while our baby was looked after by the staff at Vomo
- Paddle boarding (it takes roughly 1.5 hours to paddle around Vomo Island)
- Hike to the top of Vomo Island and take in the spectacular view
- You can also Scuba Drive for an additional cost
Vomo’s ‘Kids Village’ is a dedicated facility for younger guests with an under-4’s room, kitchen for cooking classes, media room, craft tables and large outdoor areas. Kids Village supervisors entertain children during the day and into the evening.
The Kids Village includes group activities such as learning Fijian songs and dances for the Meke performance, treasure hunts and crab hunting. Fun buffet dinners are served and extra supervision is provided into the night. (Source: http://vomofiji.com/the-island/family/)