Name – Briony
Who do you travel with? My family: Husband Tom, and 2 sons James -3yrs and Harvey- 1yr.
Your favourite airline to travel with so far? and Why? Etihad Airways. They connect to all the places I want to explore and have a Flying Nanny to help parents in the air! Especially useful when travelling solo with the kids. Or if you just need that bit of respite to actually go to the bathroom yourself (or have a quick G&T J)
What was the destination of your favourite family holiday? There are so many. But off the top of my head, we loved Maldives because it is literally heaven on earth. So good for us being based in the UAE, a short 3 hr flight, 30 min boat ride, same time zone (always helps!) and you are on the most stunning beaches you will ever see. We stay at the Anantara Digu because it has 3 islands that you can boat between with a variety of restaurants, awesome family rooms that easily accommodate a family of 4, great kids club (free for 4yrs + and USD15 per hour for the youngsters). We have been for the past 2 years and already planning for next year. We love it. You actually leave feeling totally relaxed and refreshed (which isn’t always the way when travelling with kids). Seychelles & Sri Lanka are also great locations from the UAE with kids for all of the above reasons.
Where are you dreaming of travelling next? We are currently planning a trip back to Oz to lap up the Spring weather. Plan is Perigian Beach Sunshine Coast for Beach, Scooter rides, Surf Clubs and family and also Munich for the Xmas markets in December.
What are your top 5 travel tips?
- Be organised and pack lots of snacks for the journey!
- Carry a backpack for your onboard stuff – that way your hands are free to control the little ones through the airport
- Take your own kit ie. buggy, travel cot (if needed) then you are set and ready to go and know how it all works
- Muji garment cases are really helpful, especially for me since I only pack 1 suitcase (we travel light) for the family and everyone has their own little cell. Easy to find everything when you arrive
- If you are travelling long haul – break up the flight with a stop over half way for everyone’s sanity.
Must have items when travelling with children?
- Snacks – lots of snacks!
- iPAD ( ha ha, don’t judge)