Name – Rachael
Nationality – Australian
Who do you travel with? Husband, Master almost 3 years and Miss 16 months
Your favourite airline to travel with so far? and Why? Qantas. Can use points to upgrade or book business seats, a huge range of partner airlines and always great service
What was the destination of your favourite family holiday? Islamorada, Florida Keys, USA
Where are you dreaming of travelling next? Samoa
- Time the flights around children’s routines – plan ahead for naps they’ll be doing for their age when you’re due to travel
- Food, glorious food. Lots of small snacks that take a long time to eat and can double as play toys e.g. sultana’s, fruit & a few cups make a great plane sorting game
- Give yourself plenty of time to transition through check-in, security and customs. Nothing worse than trying to rush with little ones
- Toys! – Get a new toy for the kids to play with. The Melissa and Doug on the go Water Wow books were a huge hit that kept them entertained for ages – plus no mess!
- iPad or iPhone loaded with games/movies for each child (if possible). The children were both given the iPad once a day before the trip so they knew how to navigate through the apps and select their own games/movies. You won’t believe how clever a 16 month can be!
I also love the Water Wow books, a big hit in our house! Thanks for sharing Rachael!