Name – Tracy
Who do you travel with? – Husband and 5 children from 16 years to 5 years
Your favourite airline to travel with so far? and Why? To be totally honest, I think an Airline is only as good as its crew! For a number of years we have flown with Etihad and most of the time the staff in all cabins have been attentive and efficient, the bathrooms are kept cleaner than any other airline that I’ve flown with. The food is ok too and the children’s activity bags have always keep our kids amused.
What was the destination of your favourite family holiday? Maldives – One and Only Kunahura and Camp Bestival in Dorset, England
Where are you dreaming of travelling next? It sounds lame, but as long as I am with my family I will be happy. (All inclusive meals and cleaning would be great too!)
What are your top 5 travel tips?
- Have patience and a sense of humour!
- Carry the ‘magic ribbon’. – The kiddlywinx have to hold the ribbon while walking through airports – it helps to stop them running off and and keeps them calm as they have something to concentrate on, plus it’s fun!
- Let them carry a very small bag of activities, eg doll, cars, paper, pencils – let the bag be small enough to pop into your hand luggage when hey get fed up of carrying it themselves.
- While on the plane, ask staff for an ice cube. Have two paper cups and a spoon handy, plus a quick dry towel/ muslin/peshtemal towel etc – it’s amazing how long an older baby or toddler will be entertained.
- Carry a Kipiis bib clip – acts as a toy and is uber practical
Must have items when travelling with children?
- Colouring pencils and paper