Name – Emily
Who do you travel with? My husband, 3-year-old boy, a 1-year-old girl and soon to be new baby. I do dream about travelling with my fav girlfriends… One day!
Your favourite airline to travel with so far? Etihad was amazing for our last trip. They saw my pregnant stomach and let me jump every queue which saved hours as it was during the summer rush. Couldn’t have made me happier. I’m also happy if there is an opportunity to fly or upgrade to business class. Then I’m not fussy at all! Ha
What was the destination of your favourite family holiday? Loved our Italy holiday in October. Perfect weather, yummy food and the greenery and scenery is eye candy to someone that lives in the desert. Each trip is so different so I’m so grateful to travel whatever the location.
Where are you dreaming of travelling next? Next trip should be home to Australia to see everyone and then more of Europe, maybe Spain. Just need to work out where will be a ‘holiday’ with three small children.
Do you have an online presence where we could follow your travels? @thecornershopme
What are your top 5 travel tips?
- Stay calm and remember that travelling is for fun
- Be organised, especially with hand luggage and what you will need for the day for everyone in the family (including the husband)
- Research what will be at your destination before you arrive. Either online or ask others that have been there before you.
- Be prepared for delays. They always happen!
- Travelling with little children isn’t always relaxing. See the entire value of the trip such as how much children grow and develop, family experience and memories that will last a lifetime. You can sleep when you get home!
Must have items when travelling with children?
- Wet Wipes. They can be used for anything and everything.
- Toddler snacks. Nothing worse than being in a long line with a hungry toddler.
- Noise cancelling headphones. To either help, a toddler block out the noise to sleep or for mum and dad who need some time out!